After I published the project list (above) I had discussed with the boatyard, I started thinking through everything I would work on while Tulum was out of the water. This is in addition to getting the kids fed and to/from school every day (Quincy will be in the kennel and Michelle is on business in Japan for two weeks). As I went down the list, it became longer and longer and there’s no way I’ll finish while she’s out of the water. So I just decided to think through it during this post, knowing what tools and supplies are on the boat – while having to think through what I need to get out of the dockbox. Here goes:
- Using the templates I have, cut and install the new sound/heat barriers in the bilge spaces under the galley floors.
- Install new heat/sound barrier in the engine room.
- Take off heat shield material on engine exhaust piping and install new heat shield and heat shield tape.
- Find out where the lower coolant drain is- drain and change engine coolant.
- Find out where the engine thermostat is- change it (make sure you buy extra thermostats).
- Drain and Change Engine Oil.
- Figure out how to get into the space and change the impeller (take existing impeller kit and buy two more prior to changing it).
- Change the primary Fuel Filter (canister)- at the boatyard we’re right next to a large Marine store- get extra canisters.
- Change the primary Oil Filter (canister)- at the boatyard we’re next to a large Marine Store- get extra canisters.
- Pick up Main Sheet (getting a new one made) and reattach to the main. Take off the mizzen Main Sheet and have a new one made.
- Install new speakers in the cockpit, stern boxes and main salon. Run the wires and install Amp and Stereo Face.
Should be an interesting haul-out, as most of the week looks like we’re going to get rain. This means I can’t do the deck sealing and I can’t start the varnish nightmare, so I’ll focus on the projects above. Should keep me busy. It I get through even half the list, I’ll be impressed.