I’ve gotta start creating to-do lists on here as posts, as I’m forgetting more stuff to do than I’m remembering. On the Hunter; after we bought her and moved her to Oceanside, I took the time in 2-3 day stints to get down on her alone and figure out what needed to be done. On the Aleutian, it’s a different story cause I’m livin in a different world. These days, I have the kids up here (it’s called parenting,,,,NOT babysitting), my wife is down there and I’m approaching retirement. Honestly, I can’t wait to get my gold watch and the smack on the ass that signals retirement, cause I can then focus on my boat projects and not have to worry about what’s happening down on the boat when I get the phone calls from hotwife every now and again,,,,,about some inane but very real thing going on down there. So, I’m gonna start creating to-do lists on here and you all can give them a read and perhaps chime in with advice or just commentary as I go along. There’s SOOOO much more to do that I can ever list on here, but I’m gonna make some of this into my YouTube channel projects and some of the work into blog posts with pics and info stories, just to keep it real!!
1. Generator salt water cooling outpipe thingy– This is a u-shaped pipe in the stern of the boat that the generator salt water cooling water leaves the boat through. Except when they put it on there last time,,,,they didn’t use a stainless steel u-shaped pipe,,,and now it’s nearly rusted through.
2. Generator and Engine Impellers– I have no idea when these were ever changed last either in the generator or the engine, gotta be done. Could be the reason the generator continues to overheat.
4. All four (4) Racor Fuel Filters in the engine room- There’s two 120 filters and two 60 filters, and all four of them need to be changed out. At least one is leaking and the other three are not far behind.
5. Heater in the boat– The boat has a diesel heater in it. I want to take it out (not get rid of it) in order to free up room on the boat. I’m not too keen on going to places that ever need heaters, so I think this is logical. But, in its defense, the boat was in San Francisco for much of its life, so I can understand the heater.
6. Gray Water Tank Y-Valve– Yep, someone in their infinite wisdom put a gray water TANK in the boat,,,and all the piping for gray water goes to the tank with no Y-Valve. We’re going to need one of these valves.
7. Black Water Tanks Y-Valve– Nope, this boat doesn’t have a Y-Valve for the Blackwater tanks that I can find,,,,but I need these. We’ll lock it up with a key and stuff, but we still need a way to dump overboard if the pumps ever go out. No pun intended.
8. More Chain and marked Chain– The Boat needs 300 feet of BBB Galvanized Chain with my own markings on it,,,,as we get ready to leave. And we need another giant backup anchor.
9. Front Berth Restructure– The front berth is a mess right now. There are giant closets but no room to turn round in, just a berth coming nearly to the stateroom door. Something’s gotta be done for a 6 & 8-year old to co-exist in that space without serious destruction occurring. I may do some destruction of my own in there in order to find more room for the girls, even a sitting desk with some more room for standing and dressing would be wonderful.