Yep, I’m pretty amazed,,,but it’s true. So many thanks to Srijana Kattel who has nominated LiveFree2SailFast for a “Sunshine Blogger Award” Nomination. I’d like to be flippant here and tell you truthfully that she really must not know me too well,,,,,cause I’m not always a ray of sunshine. What a humble honor for this little blog to be nominated for it’s very first blogger award. There is some humility to this,,,,,cause this blog has reached out to folks all over the world and they have reached back, which I think is the most interesting and rewarding part of the blogging experience. Srijana,,,,thank you so much for this nomination. I had to think through this for a day or so to comprehend that someone would want to cite this blog an award like this,,,,it’s now a burden of trust to keep up the writing that motivated someone to nominate the blog in the first place.
Before I go on with my blathering,,,,please make sure you go check out Srijana Kattel’s blog. While it says “ramblings of an empty mind”, I can assure you it’s not. In fact, for anyone to write some of the things she does with the clarity of spirit that comes through in her posts,,,,it seems to be at a philosophical level at times. And she knows hardship and pain better than most of us do,,,,cause she’s living it at times. Don’t think for a moment that her posts are not real,,,,,cause you’re going to read the real world in them if you take the time to check out her blog.
Rules for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to them.
- Answer the eleven questions asked.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Create 11 new and different questions for them to answer.
- List the rules.
- Include the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo in your post somewhere.
here my answers to the questions;
- How old are you?
- My spirit is very old and has lived several different lives. My mind is approx 17 years old (ask my wife). My body is a bit older.
- Something that someone would never guess about you?
- I have quite a lot of tatoos.
- Where do you live? (City, State, Country)
- California, USA
- What makes you happy?
- My family, sailing, adventure travel, never looking back, always moving toward new adventures!
- What makes you angry?
- Those who mistake kindness for weakness and when I spill my own wine on the carpet.
- Something else someone might not guess about you?
- I speak pretty decent Arabic.
- One last thing someone might not guess about you?
- I don’t take myself too seriously, but always look that way on the outside.
- What is your favorite kind of candy?
- Dark Chocolate with cayenne and blueberry .
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Summer, cause it’s bars, beaches and bikini season.
- How long have you been blogging?
- Seriously blogging: About two years,,,,,,cause my first year I had a total of 48 views.
- Do you prefer a sunny or a cloudy/rainy day and why?
- I prefer a sunny day,,,,it makes me happy and I can usually get a sail in on a sunny day.
Here are the eleven bloggers I nominate for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”, as they are both large and small bloggers but have chosen to blog awesome:
I hope you’ll check out each of these 11 unique blogs that have a character and voice all to themselves. Most importantly, I hope you check out Srijana Kattel’s blog,,,,,cause very few people have called my writing or my blog “amazing” lately so I’m pretty humbled to even be mentioned let alone be nominated for an award.
Stay tuned to LF2SF for big news this coming week, we’re seriously considering a new addition to the family (BOAT,,,,not baby).